Teradek Cube - alternatives

Arne Jepsen
Administrator
Luckily we haven't had any failures or problems with our Teradek, in fact it has been very stable. But it is rather expensive, so it is interesting to see that the French Skating Association has tested a cheaper alternative, Matrox Monarch HD.
https://sites.google.com/site/csnpatinage/csnpa/info-systeme-de-jugement
Coordinator of IJS accountants and technicians in Denmark

Re: Teradek Cube - alternatives

Adam Cusack
We are about to purchase a Teradek 605 and decided specifically to spend the money on the basis that it's very stable. We simply don't want any problems during a competition, as ice time is tight and we need to keep to our schedule.

We talked to a counterpart in perth Australia, and they bought a no-name ebay device. It works, but they have had a few problems. It was about $400 AUD instead of $2500 AUD for a teradek 605 though.

I'm on the understanding that a major upgrade for IJS will be ready some time next year and have been wanting more information if this may change streaming requirements!