Presentation of users

Arne Jepsen
Administrator
You can make a short statement in your account settings, edit signature.
But feel free to write a little more about yourself in this thread
Coordinator of IJS accountants and technicians in Denmark

Re: Presentation of users

Lionel Avot
Hi every one.

I'm Lionel from France. I do not actually manage the official system of the French Federation. I manage the local system that we have in the French Alps (5 PC for judges and video for tech panel).
I'm usually the one from France who interfaces with SwissTiming when required.
In France, we handle S&P and Ice Dance separatly. I'm on the S&P side but I know a few things about ID also as DVRO.
By the way, I'm a computer engineer. I want to add that I've written a Java app that eases the handling of the system.

Re: Presentation of users

Jacqueline Wouters

My name is Jacqueline Wouters and I am one of the system operators of the National Judging System of KNSB (National skating association of the Netherlands). We have 2 systems: the big one which is used for national A competitions. The big one is the system which is used with the camera system. We have also a small one, which is used for the B competitions. This system is without camera. These systems are used for competitions through the Netherlands. We have a good team to work with and it is really a pleasure to support these competitions, even if the systems are not working correctly. Finding solutions for problems is really nice for me and I have gained a lot of knowledge about the networking and programming of the ISU judging systems.

In normal life I am a IT consultant, working with ERP systems like SAP and BaaN. Now I am working a lot with internet and I am setting up internet businesses.

Re: Presentation of users

Arne Jepsen
Administrator
Hello, my name is Arne Jepsen.

My entry to figure skating was as a parent. Why not do something useful during competitions? So first I became videooperator, then technician, then accountant and gradually ISUCalc supporter, and now I have ended up as a kind of coordinator for both groups, but still very active at competitions too.

I am in IT on a user level, and networks are still sometimes a mystery to me.

We have only one system in Denmark, but we are lucky, that it is still almost new. It is with video over network, 3 computers, 6 tablets plus gear for live stream to Youtube.

In private life I am a dentist, but I think my professional diagnostic training has helped me through many IJS-aches
Coordinator of IJS accountants and technicians in Denmark

Re: Presentation of users

G.ROLS
Hello

My name is Gilles ROLS, I'm from France,

Since september 2016 I'm one of system operator manager of the official system of the French Federation. (new system with video on network and 10 judges),

Since 2007 I manage the local system of the French region Occitanie (6 PC for judges, video for tech panel and judge, teradek cube 205 and a Canon LEGRIA HF R86 camera but the supply and hdmi connectors are very badly placed : supply under hand/zoom and hdmi in front of the screen).

When I'm not in a ice rink arena, my work is Electrotechnician in a DGAC service in Toulouse (government, Directorate General of Civil Aviation, for Air-traffic controller)

Happy to join this forum
My name is Gilles ROLS, I'm from France, Since september 2016 I'm one of system operator manager of the official system of the French Federation. When I'm not in a ice rink arena, my work is Electrotechnician in a DGAC service in Toulouse (government, Directorate General of Civil Aviation, for Air-traffic control)

Re: Presentation of users

Adam Cusack
Hi All, my introduction to figure skating was as a parent. I joined the committee of the Silver Blades Figure Skating club in Adelaide, Australia and thought I could be useful and do something with my time while I'm at the rink :)
My working background is in IT support and I started out getting the judging system scoreboard program to work for one of our competitions and from that I've ended up replacing all of the laptops and am in the process of trying to get some permanent networking cabling installed at our rink. The current camera system is pre-teradek and plugs into the cutter and expert via firewire. Also looking at what teradek device would best suit going forward.
So fairly busy just trying to get the system stable and running well, and then want to get more into getting data out of the OSIS feed.

Re: Presentation of users

oleksander.mishukov
Dear Colleagues,

Being for a year as a passive reader :), I would like to present now myself to this community. My name is Oleksander Mishukov. I am technician volunteer at the Danish skating union working together with my friend Arne Jepsen (Administrator to this forum). Like a many of you, I entered to this sport as a parent. In past two-three years I have being focusing primary on establishing a Live Streaming function. Having background as a software developer I was helping to implement a concept of semi-automatic livestream producer in the software. We call it the "Switcher". The Switcher is a sw robot which handles the OSIS-events from the IsuCalcFS, generating HTML banners and feeds. At the same time the Switcher is interacting with Open Broadcaster Studio (OBS) to create live stream transitions from one scene to another, based again on OSIS-events. The main goal behind the Switcher is time saving as it reduces full-time human livestream producer position. I'm not sure for your team, but in our group of danish technicians we constantly struggling to attract new volunteers ;) And of course we have a huge amount of ideas to improve our Judging system and Live Stream as well, but lack of time is a major issue here. As a volunteer you probably know this too.

Kind Regards,
Oleksander

Technician in Denmark, IT/livestreaming/software
https://www.linkedin.com/in/oleksandermishukov

Re: Presentation of users

G.ROLS
Hello
I would be interested in your video broadcasting system and score display...
We simply use obs on youtube for streaming and winscp or syncbackfree for publishing results...
Could you tell us more ...?
thank you very much